There are many things in most of our homes that we can use to provide enrichment and learning. Some of these include:
- Board games - many games include counting, money, problem solving, negotiating and language skills
- Keep a diary - this is an extraordinary time for everyone and in years to come the memories of these children will be a very interesting read
- Reading - whether that be school books or those you have at home
- Junk modelling using recycling - set them a challenge/task e.g. build a rocket, design a house
- Baking/cooking - uses language and measurement skills
- Rainbow pictures for your windows. Many children across the country are placing their rainbow pictures in their windows to help spread joy to neighbours who pass on their daily walk/exercise. Mrs Rakestrow's are below as an example.
- Lego/blocks - please see below a lego challenge you may wish to try some days. Setting the children a task helps them plan, design and create with purpose.